Five years ago, the company was celebrating our 25th anniversary in business and wanted to find an exciting way to share this milestone with the community, our clients and our employees. We decided to do charitable acts to help people in need. As a result, the K2 Cares Committee was incepted and has been doing great things ever since!
We are so proud of the employees who take time to plan these charitable acts every year. Some of these activities serve as team building events, and others are to donate to organizations in need. The K2 Cares Committee meets once a month to discuss ongoing projects and plan for future ideas. The committee membership is comprised of employees from all ranges in jobs titles and from all departments within the company.
Here are a few of the many charitable acts we have implemented over the past five years:
- Cleaned a local park (removed invasive plants, picked up garbage and mulched the trail and trees).
- Conducted a school supply drive.
- Donated financially to many organizations through office fundraising events such as “casual fundraising Fridays” and office raffles.
- Donated toys and money to Toys for Tots.
- Hosted a “Be the Match” party for employees who wanted to be donors for a marrow bank –
- Employees volunteered at Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Winter clothing drive for RefugeeOne.
The K2 Cares Program has been a great addition to the company. It gives employees a way to offer ideas on where to spend efforts and dollars. The Committee is responsible for taking recommendations on charitable organizations who need help from our employees, our clients and others in the community. They then assess where the company’s efforts can be best spent and focus on that.
If you have an idea of where we should be spending our efforts in the coming years, please contact us! We are always looking for new ideas!